Selfie deaths

Hear any strange or weird news lately? If so, discuss it here
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Selfie deaths

Post by Mildredtabitha »

Have you recently heard of the many cases of people dying while taking selfies?

I've come across such news and there are more than 300 deaths of people dying while taking selfies. For example when someone stands at the edge of a mountain or building to take selfie and they fall while in the process of taking the selfie. Well, the person manages to take the selfie but they end up losing their own life.

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Re: Selfie deaths

Post by jasmine »

Selfie deaths have occurred multiple times in my town. The recent death was of a teen who was trying to take a selfie while hanging on a suspension bridge. Most of the selfie deaths are amongst young people.
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Re: Selfie deaths

Post by Mildredtabitha »

jasmine wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:18 am Selfie deaths have occurred multiple times in my town. The recent death was of a teen who was trying to take a selfie while hanging on a suspension bridge. Most of the selfie deaths are amongst young people.
I understand why it's in young people. Most adults would prefer someone to take a picture of them. Most young people try to keep up with the trend on social media and so they can take selfies anywhere just to look cool.

I also think when the hand is pressing the phone when taking selfie, all the concentration is in the selfie and the body loses balance especially when the person is aware they are standing at a very dangerous place.