"Super Death’" Acceleration Roller Coaster Shut Down

Hear any strange or weird news lately? If so, discuss it here

"Super Death’" Acceleration Roller Coaster Shut Down

Post by mystix71 »

I am not sure if this is considered weird or not but I find the name of the ride with the injuries reported to be a bit unsettling. I have not been on any carnival or amusement park rides in years, I just don't trust them. I know the chances of injury are low but I have seen enough videos online to make me never want to go on them again lol

So anyway, this ride got shut down for... Breaking people's bones!
A roller coaster in Japan known for its “super death” acceleration to triple-digit speeds was reportedly shut down after riders suffered serious bone fractures.

Multiple news agencies reported four cases of fractures in the back or neck linked to the Do-Dodonpa coaster at Fuji-Q Highland Park. Vice reported at least six cases of fractures in total, including four in the back or neck.

The BBC described the four back and neck cases as “significant injuries,” including a “cervical fracture and a thoracic spine fracture.” Japan’s Mainichi newspaper said the riders needed up to three months to recover from their injuries.

The theme park billed the coaster as having the world’s fastest acceleration, hitting 112 mph in just 1.56 seconds ― or what the company called “super death” acceleration.
Source: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/do-dodon ... 62f3da6578

Re: "Super Death’" Acceleration Roller Coaster Shut Down

Post by breezy »

Wow! Can you imagine going on a roller coaster and that happened? Glad it got shut down! I haven't been on carnival rides in years either lol