The Incredible True Story Of Carlos Rodrigues, The Man With Half A Brain

Hear any strange or weird news lately? If so, discuss it here
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 1 time

The Incredible True Story Of Carlos Rodrigues, The Man With Half A Brain

Post by alien_head »

Carlos didn't always look like that - he was a regular person with a full head until the age of 14. However, after an alcohol and drug binge, he stole a car, got into an accident, and went flying through the windshield.
Carlos smashed his head on the asphalt, and doctors consequently had to remove a significant portion of his skull and brain to save his life. Thus, he became the man with literally half a brain.
Despite the procedure, he retains most of his mental functions, and can do pretty much everything a man with a full head and brain can do.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2022-08-21 23-21-45.png
Screenshot from 2022-08-21 23-21-45.png (240.66 KiB) Viewed 4756 times

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Re: The Incredible True Story Of Carlos Rodrigues, The Man With Half A Brain

Post by jasmine »

What about his IQ? Can his bran function like a normal man? How much cerebrum and cerebellum did he lose? Does he have any problems with memory? I know a person who had a terrible accident and lost significant portion of his bran which led to the loss of cognitive fnctions.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ricky1874 »

When I was younger, I heard about a man surviving for many years after having a rod go through his head. He had some mental problems but lived an active life until he died some years later. So, it's just amazing what types of brain injuries a person could sustain and still survive.
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by jeremydeth »

It is amazing that he is still alive after his accident. I've seen some videos of him on YouTube and he doesn't seem all the way there mentally. I don't know if it's because of the head injury or because of the drugs he does. In on video he says he smokes weed every day. Anyways, I wish him well.