Hear any strange or weird news lately? If so, discuss it here
Site Admin
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member
Been Liked: 1 time
United States of America

US scuba diver survives after being swallowed by a whale

Post by staarker »

For about 30 seconds, 56-year-old American Michael Packard was in the mouth of a humpback whale. The lucky one survived and was practically not injured.

An unusual incident happened on the morning of June 11 off the coast of the Atlantic Ocean near the city of Provincetown. As the diver himself said, during the next dive, he suddenly felt a strong jolt, after which it became dark around.

Michael Packard was in the whale’s closed mouth for 30-40 seconds, he said in a Facebook post to a Provincetown, Massachusetts, community page.

At first, Michael was afraid that a shark had swallowed him, but, not finding teeth in his mouth, he cheered up and began to resist.

The prisoner felt the muscles in the whale’s mouth move, pushing it deeper, but his efforts were fruitful. Humpback whale, apparently feeling uncomfortable, rose to the surface and released a restless “snack”.

At that moment Packard saw light, felt the whale shaking its head and was thrown out of the water.

“I was lobster diving and A humpback whale tried to eat me.I was in his closed mouth for about 30 to 40 seconds before he rose to the surface and spit me out. I am very bruised up but have no broken bones,” Packard wrote, thankful for the help he received from rescuers in Provincetown and seeking to clarify what had happened to him as it generated headlines worldwide.

He didn’t know if he would be swallowed or suffocate, he said, and he thought about his 12- and 16-year-old sons, wife, mother and family. “I just was struggling but I knew this was this massive creature, there was no way I was going to bust myself out of there,” Packard recalled.

https://anomalien.com/us-scuba-diver-su ... y-a-whale/

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: US scuba diver survives after being swallowed by a whale

Post by ricky1874 »

I'm glad that this man survived, but this is one reason why I don't like the water. I've watched way too many river and sea documentaries to no know what lives in these waters.