Ghosts of Seguin Island

Do you believe in the supernatural and paranormal? If so, talk about them here.
Site Admin
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member
Been Liked: 1 time
United States of America

Ghosts of Seguin Island

Post by staarker »

Life on the island would have been a very lonely one for both the keepers and their families, and sometimes, that loneliness can drive you mad. During the mid 1800s, the lighthouse keeper’s wife fell into a deep depression. In an attempt to raise the woman’s spirits, the lighthouse keeper made special arrangements to have piano shipped to the island, believing that all of their free time would be a great chance to learn music and provide each other with much-needed entertainment. Things didn’t quite work as planned.

The lighthouse keeper’s wife picked a song from a book, and for many months, she practiced at all hours of the day until she had mastered the tune. When her husband asked if she would like new sheet music shipped over from the mainland, she declined, continuing to play the same song over and over day in and day out. After months of being subjected to the same monotonous tune and driven mad by the torment of isolation, the lighthouse keeper snapped and destroyed the piano with an axe. Then, he took the axe to his wife. When he realized what he had done during his rage-induced fit, he took his own life.

To this day, visitors to the isolated island have reported hearing the haunting sound of piano music drifting softly from the lighthouse, only to discover that the building empty. Many believe the ghost of the lighthouse keeper’s wife has refused to leave the island, still playing her tune on a phantom piano. Some have even claimed to witness the ghostly visage of her husband trudging across the island, axe in hand. http://weekinweird.com/2017/01/10/seguin-island/
Attachments
seguin-island-haunting.jpg
seguin-island-haunting.jpg (62 KiB) Viewed 5063 times

Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 1 time

Re: Ghosts of Seguin Island

Post by alien_head »

It's amazing what isolation from others can do to a person's mind. I believe that I read somewhere that the number of suicides have increased since the start of covid. At least they've increase here in the US.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ricky1874 »

If this story is true, I wonder how long did they have to stay on the island before they could leave? Crazy story. I do wonder if it is true or just a made-up story. This just doesn't seems like enough to drive someone to kill someone else.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Post by jasmine »

Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. Sound is energy, once created it remains. That's why it is very common to hear sounds that were created in the past. I don't see any paranormal thing related to this incident, it is just pure science.