Do you believe in guardian angels?

Do you believe in the supernatural and paranormal? If so, talk about them here.

Do you believe in guardian angels?

Post by veronikam »

Do you think there is someone or something that watching over each one of us? Maybe something that is guiding us on what we need to do when we need guidance? Someone who is assigned to us at birth to help guide us through life by making good decisions?

Re: Do you believe in guardian angels?

Post by Kieranlewix »

veronikam wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:59 pm Do you think there is someone or something that watching over each one of us? Maybe something that is guiding us on what we need to do when we need guidance? Someone who is assigned to us at birth to help guide us through life by making good decisions?
As a christian, I believe that angels are God's servants who serve him and obey every of his commands. There are several occasions in the Bible where God has sent his angels to Earth These are the instances where angel Gabriel was sent by God:
Gabriel
1. In the book of Daniel Chapter 8, Daniel has a vision that he cannot understand and angel Gabriel is sent to explain it to him in verse 16. He explains that the vision concerns the distant future near the end of all time.
2. In Daniel 9, angel Gabriel is again sent to explain the vision of the seventy sevens to Daniel and he foretells the birth of the anointed one who is Jesus Christ.
3. In Luke 1:11, angel Gabriel is sent to Zechariah to tell him that his wife Elizabeth will bear a son. Zechariah is headed to the temple to burn incense before God. Gabriel told Zechariah that he was to name the son John and that John would bring back many to God and prepare the way for the Lord.
4. In Luke 1: 26-27 God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. In Luke 1: 31-32, angel Gabriel tells Mary mother of Jesus that she will conceive and give birth to a son and to call him Jesus. He adds that Jesus will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High.

In Collosians 2: 18, the Bible tells us that we should not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify us. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind (New International Version).
In Revelations 22:8-9, John’s says:
“I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. But he said to me, ‘Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who keep the words of this scroll. Worship God!’”
In Psalms 103:20, the Bible says that: "Praise the LORD, you his angels, you mighty ones who do his bidding, who obey his word."
In Hebrews 1:14, the Bible says: "Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?"

I have highlighted these scriptures to shine a light on the fact that angels of the Lord are beings sent to deliver messages or fulfill a specific mission at His behest. They have no obligation to protect any human or guide him except under instructions from God.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Post by jasmine »

I believe in angels and demons but not in guardian angels. I do not think angels are too interested in a single human being. Humans are negligible things for angels. They are more focused on greater good for the humanity.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ricky1874 »

No, I don't believe in them. If they do exist they must be only a few of them based on all the bad and evil things that happen to people around the world each day. Although, I do believe in luck, and I think that some people are just lucky.