Mystery still surrounds humming noise that has plagued town for years

Strange natural and unnatural things are happening on this earth every day. Discuss those things here.
Site Admin
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member
Been Liked: 1 time
United States of America

Mystery still surrounds humming noise that has plagued town for years

Post by staarker »

The 'Holmfield hum' is so irritating that it has left some people suffering from ill-health and sleep deprivation.
For at least two years, the area around Holmfield in West Yorkshire, England has been plagued by a relentless low-pitched humming noise that endures at all times of the day and night.

The problem is so bad that some residents have been unable to sleep, forcing them to change their working hours. Others have even resorted to booking stays at hotels to get away from the noise.

To make matters worse, back in August a Calderdale Council meeting was told that "all reasonable lines of inquiry had been exhausted", suggesting that the cause of the hum may never be found.

The area happens to be surrounded by a number of farms, industrial areas and other facilities, but it is just about impossible to pinpoint exactly which one(s) might be responsible.
https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/n ... -for-years

youtu.be/PNEDdyq2DNo

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Re: Mystery still surrounds humming noise that has plagued town for years

Post by jasmine »

Generally speaking, I do not rely on the information published by a random site and random youtube video. Therefore, I always try to verify the information through other reliable sources. I did a quick search and found that news agencies like BBC ran this news in August. I have never heard of phenomena like this before.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: Mystery still surrounds humming noise that has plagued town for years

Post by ricky1874 »

I wonder if the sound could be coming from some kind of military base conducting some type of experiment. I live near a military base and you can hear all types of strange noises. Mostly coming from aircraft. But I have see some low flying aircraft that doesn't make any noise.