What if the US lost in WWII?

Our history has a lot of strange and unusual stories to tell. Discuss all those stories, beliefs and theories here

What if the US lost in WWII?

Post by Micky »

There is a book by Philip K. Dick called The Man in the High Castle, and it's about what would happen if the US had lost WWII and Germany and Japan split the US. One side is Japan and one side is Germany. It's an interesting story, and part of me thinks this could have been a possibility. The US has had it lucky in that we haven't had to deal with any wars on our soil for a long time, if we lost WWII, there's no saying what would have happened.

But, what do you think would happen if the US had lost WWII. Do you think we would still be the US as we know it today? Or would Germany or Japan have claimed it somehow?

Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Been Liked: 1 time

Re: What if the US lost in WWII?

Post by dave362 »

Interesting. I watched a documentary one time years ago about this topic. Both countries had talks about dividing the USA between them. That would have been crazy. But the craziest part is that because of a few bad decisions by leadership in both countries is the only reason this scenario didn't happen. But if it did happen I guess I would either be speaking Japanese or German :lol:

Post by Micky »

dave362 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:35 pm Interesting. I watched a documentary one time years ago about this topic. Both countries had talks about dividing the USA between them. That would have been crazy. But the craziest part is that because of a few bad decisions by leadership in both countries is the only reason this scenario didn't happen. But if it did happen I guess I would either be speaking Japanese or German :lol:
Yeah it's crazy to think about the possibility of things going the other direction. Because it could have easily happened if things went right for them. Part of me thinks though, that Japan and Germany would have gone to war against each other, because that's kinda what the book the Man in the High castle does, because there are tensions between both Japan and Germany during the book. And I can't see Germany wanting to work with Japan for long, as they were all about the Aryan race and wanting to get rid of others not their kind. That's where the holocaust came in. In the book, I think Japan was too powerful, so Germany couldn't attack. But then again, I haven't read the book in a long time.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ricky1874 »

I think that in some parallel universe that maybe we did lose it. Could you just imagine taking a look at that world if we could
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Post by jasmine »

If the US had lost the world war 2, Hitler would have been a hero, and Roosevelt and Churchill would have been villains. There would be more cases of holocaust and the Jewish people, one of the oldest civilizations on earth would have been completely wiped out.