The Mysterious Official Exorcists of Ancient China

This topic is for demonic topics like possessions, it's history and about exorcisms.
Site Admin
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member
Been Liked: 1 time
United States of America

The Mysterious Official Exorcists of Ancient China

Post by staarker »

Demons in some form or another are prevalent throughout history and across cultures, taking on a wide variety of forms, and for as long as we have believed in such entities there have been efforts to try to combat them. Throughout the era of China’s Han dynasty through the Tang dynasty (3rd century BCE to 10th century CE), one supernatural threat that was taken very seriously was that of demons and various evil spirits.
https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2022/02/ ... ent-china/

Re: The Mysterious Official Exorcists of Ancient China

Post by countryman12 »

This is amazing to read. If exorcisms have been taking place for this long throughout history then we really need to take a deeper interest on what this phenomenal is .
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Post by jasmine »

I wanted to read the article but looks like you need to sign up to the site before you can read the content. I do not like sites that require signing up just to read the article. Anyway, I am not aware of this case, but I have read multiple similar stories about possession. There is even a story of how a princess from our country traveled to Tibet (China) and faced serious threats from exorcists. later she won their harts and become a Goddess like figure.
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Post by blaqcrow »

I can't view it either! Shame. Either way I have heard of some of this. Not sure if it is the same stuff in the article or not. I have to wonder of the culture in China even thinks or reacts to such things anymore.