Is demonic possession real?

This topic is for demonic topics like possessions, it's history and about exorcisms.

Is demonic possession real?

Post by Smokey »

Do you believe demon possession is real? Or is it a figment of suggestion of the mind?

Do you think demons can truly possess people like in such movies like The Conjuring, The Exorcist? I"m a bit skeptical, because all the 'evidence' i've seen has looked staged or that it could be easily faked. What do you think?

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: Is demonic possession real?

Post by ricky1874 »

Even tho I don't believe in most of these demonic possession stories, I do think demonic possessions are true. I would really like to do more research into it when I have more time.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Post by jasmine »

Even though I have not seen any incidents of demonic possession, I believe demonic possessions are real. However, most of the cases we hear are either fake or a case of mental disease. If God exists, demons also exist, if there are demons, demonic possessions are also real.

Post by Kieranlewix »

Smokey wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:08 pm Do you believe demon possession is real? Or is it a figment of suggestion of the mind?

Do you think demons can truly possess people like in such movies like The Conjuring, The Exorcist? I"m a bit skeptical, because all the 'evidence' i've seen has looked staged or that it could be easily faked. What do you think?
I totally believe demonic possession is real. The Bible gives a lot of evidence of demonic possession. In Mark 5:5, Jesus drove out many demons who went by the name Legion from a man who had been living in the tombs. This man used to cry out all day and night and cut himself with stones before Jesus came to Gerasenes. The inhabitants of the area had tried to subdue him severally but he broke out of the iron chain easily. When the demons felt the presence of Jesus, they begged him not to torture and fled into some pigs that were feeding on a nearby hillside, with his permission of course.

In Luke 8:26-37 the story of Jesus freeing the man from Gerasenes is retold. In Matthew 8:28, it is two men who were saved that day. One of the things I appreciate about horror movies about exorcisms and demonic possessions is that the possessed have unbelievable strength which is in line with the teachings of the Bible. As a Christian, I believe in the supernatural because its foundation is the Bible.

Post by crazy_nut »

I still remember hearing and seeing my cousin speaking in a demonic voice when we were young. And that was over 40 years ago. So yes, I do believe in demonic possessions. I don't know how it's possible but I do believe in them.
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by jeremydeth »

I have to say that I think that it's real. I say this because I've seen way too many strange things in my life to not believe that it's real.