Turkey's mysterious 'portal to the underworld'

Topic of mysterious places around the world were unusual and unexplained things happen.
Site Admin
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member
Been Liked: 1 time
United States of America

Turkey's mysterious 'portal to the underworld'

Post by staarker »

The ancient city of Hierapolis has long hidden a poisonous secret in its mysterious "Gate to Hell". But modern science has finally uncovered the truth behind the Roman myths.
https://www.bbc.com/travel/article/2021 ... underworld

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Re: Turkey's mysterious 'portal to the underworld'

Post by jasmine »

I did not know about the "portal to the underworld" until I stumbled upon this thread. I just did a quick research on Google and found that there has been a lot of research on this topic and this is purely a geological phenomenon. The Gate to Hell was formed over the period of 400,000 years.
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Post by Mildredtabitha »

How is it even possible, I thought that heaven and hell are places that are unreachable to human beings. Have you seen it or heard of anyone who has ever gone to hell and came back.
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by alien_head »

Mildredtabitha wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:06 am How is it even possible, I thought that heaven and hell are places that are unreachable to human beings. Have you seen it or heard of anyone who has ever gone to hell and came back.
No need to worry. The article was just stating how ancient people thought it was the passage to hell because people kept dying when they went down there. But, it was actually a high dosage of carbon dioxide that was killing the people and animals.