14 of the deepest sinkholes on Earth

Topic of mysterious places around the world were unusual and unexplained things happen.
Site Admin
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member
Been Liked: 1 time
United States of America

14 of the deepest sinkholes on Earth

Post by staarker »

From China's Heavenly Pit, which stretches down 2,172 feet, to the Devil's Sinkhole in Texas that is home to three million bats — here are some of the world's deepest known sinkholes. https://www.livescience.com/planet-eart ... s-on-earth
Attachments
1.png
1.png (197.29 KiB) Viewed 5029 times

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Re: 14 of the deepest sinkholes on Earth

Post by jasmine »

I checked the link to read the article. I knew about some of these sinkholes but most of these sinkholes were unknown to me. I have never in my life seen any sinkholes, I have never heard of any sinkholes in my home country. However, when I read about this natural phenomena, I always feel that I should see thewm before I die.
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Post by kingsnite »

Could you imagine all the things that's fallen into those holes over the years and decades. I'd imagine if you did some digging you would find a lot of people that have fallen to their death.

Post by penelope69 »

These places look beautiful. It definitely gives me some ideas on where to go on my next vacation. Maybe I'll make a video about it and post it on YouTube :D