This Little Old Lady Was One of History’s Most Notorious Serial Killers

This forum topics are about serial killers, mass shooters and other vile killers throughout both current and past history.
Site Admin
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member
Been Liked: 1 time
United States of America

This Little Old Lady Was One of History’s Most Notorious Serial Killers

Post by staarker »

Ana di Pištonja, also known as Baba Anujka or the Banat Witch, was an accomplished amateur chemist who used her skills to kill as many as 150 people in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

Baba Anujka’s origins are shrouded in mystery. Some sources claim that she was born in 1838, in the Banat region of modern-day Romania, but her life was tied to the Yugoslavian village of Vladimirovac, in the Voievodina Province of present-day Serbia. As the daughter of a rich cattleman, she is said to have had a comfortable childhood and good education, but became a misanthropist in her early 20s, after being seduced by an Austrian officer who eventually left her with a broken heart and a syphilis infection. She found refuge in the field of chemistry and became known as a local healer and witch who could make anyone “disappear’ for the right price…
https://www.odditycentral.com/news/this ... llers.html

youtu.be/PHAv3Clhrhg

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: This Little Old Lady Was One of History’s Most Notorious Serial Killers

Post by ricky1874 »

I use to have this encyclopedia set called, "Crimes and Punishment" back in the 90s that listed a lot of serial killers from around this same time period. People were brutal around this time. I imagine what she was doing was somewhat normal to a lot of people during that time. But was she a serial killer or just someone killing for profit?...and is there a difference?

Post by dave23 »

I'd imagine there was a lot of serial killers like this in those days. With the lack of medical knowledge at the time, it would have been easy to poison someone and get away with it.

Post by paul480 »

dave23 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:43 pm I'd imagine there was a lot of serial killers like this in those days. With the lack of medical knowledge at the time, it would have been easy to poison someone and get away with it.
I wonder how many people that die of natural causes today were actually poisoned? I've watched a few recent TV episodes on people dying only to discover later on that they were poisoned. And this was discovered only because their deaths was suspicious.