Amelia Dyer: The Woman Who Only Killed New Borns

This forum topics are about serial killers, mass shooters and other vile killers throughout both current and past history.
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 1 time

Amelia Dyer: The Woman Who Only Killed New Borns

Post by alien_head »

Amelia Elizabeth Dyer was an English serial killer who murdered infants in her care over a thirty-year period during the Victorian period of the United Kingdom. In this Absolute crime original we see how Amelia used alias and addresses to avoid detection for many years. Originally she trained as a nurse and was widowed in 1869. Dyer turned to baby farming. The practice of adopting unwanted infants in exchange for money. She would take a baby for £5 and act like she was going to raise the child but instead kill them.

youtu.be/aHt0WAxybCQ

Re: Amelia Dyer: The Woman Who Only Killed New Borns

Post by penelope69 »

This is horrible that women during this time have to give their babies because of society and the way it judged unwed women. This created monsters like this woman to take advantage of venerable women.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ricky1874 »

I know the living conditions during this time were horrible. I just can only imagine how bad the life were for people....let alone kids. But, it gives no reason for an adult to treat a child like this...especially just for money.

Post by rnastee »

These kid killers are some of the worst people alive. It seems like these types of serial killers should get more attention and have a harsher view from everyone.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Post by jasmine »

So, this woman was basically receiving money in the name of babies and the later killing these babies. This kind of systematic killing is nothing for madness. How could she kill those innocent babies. Were there any studies on why she killed the babies?

Post by veronikam »

To me, this is the lowest form of human being. In my opinion, a person that kills kids (especially infants) should be put to death. A person that can kill (and sometimes torture) a little baby is heartless and should be hung or burned at the stake.