KILLERS : pedro alonso lopez - (the monster of the andes)

This forum topics are about serial killers, mass shooters and other vile killers throughout both current and past history.
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 1 time

KILLERS : pedro alonso lopez - (the monster of the andes)

Post by alien_head »

Pedro Alonso López (born October 8, 1948) is a Colombian serial killer, accused of raping and killing more than 300 girls across South America. López became known as the "Monster of the Andes" in 1980 when he led police to the graves of 53 of his victims in Ecuador, all girls between nine and twelve years old. In 1983 he was found guilty of murdering 110 young girls in Ecuador alone and confessed to a further 240 murders of missing girls in neighbouring Peru and Colombia.

youtu.be/fuN2u7DKu7g

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: KILLERS : pedro alonso lopez - (the monster of the andes)

Post by ricky1874 »

I've seen this story a few times over the years and it always amazes me that he was let out of prison and out of a mental hospital. He should have gotten the death penalty or solitary confinement for the rest of his life. Just imagine how many more kids he probably raped, tortured and killed since he got out!

Post by penelope69 »

ricky1874 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:54 pm I've seen this story a few times over the years and it always amazes me that he was let out of prison and out of a mental hospital. He should have gotten the death penalty or solitary confinement for the rest of his life. Just imagine how many more kids he probably raped, tortured and killed since he got out!
This is crazy. How can someone admit to killing over 300 hundred little girls and then...GET OUT OF PRISON??? This kind of 'justice" is just ludicrous

Post by veronikam »

Cases like this always seems to anger me. You have a ridiculous amount of children start disappearing and no drastic actions are taken. Is it because these children were poor and mostly indigenous...forgotten and unimportant? Very sad and disturbing.
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by patrickwass »

This is just truly disturbing to me. Yes, his upbringing probably played a huge part in making him the monster he was. But, he always had the option of taking his life when he realized what he was drawn to doing. To me, there is still no excuse for what he did, no matter how hard his childhood was.