Video: Sacred 'Mermaid' to be Analyzed by Japanese Scientists

The discussion of cryptozoology - the study of and search for animals and especially legendary animals (such as Sasquatch) usually in order to evaluate the possibility of their existence
Site Admin
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member
Been Liked: 1 time
United States of America

Video: Sacred 'Mermaid' to be Analyzed by Japanese Scientists

Post by staarker »

By Tim Binnall

A centuries-old sacred 'mermaid mummy' is set to be scientifically analyzed by researchers in Japan in an attempt to determine the true nature of the mysterious creature. According to a local media report, the rather nightmarish oddity (seen above) is said to have been captured by fishermen sometime around 1738 and subsequently passed through the hands of various owners until ultimately winding up at a Buddhist temple in the city of Asakuchi at some point in the last century. The curious creature, which resembles the half-human, half-fish construction of a classic mermaid, was showcased at the site for decades until being put into storage to protect the puzzling specimen. https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/ ... cientists/

youtu.be/SzJGdWeyE5Q

Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Re: Video: Sacred 'Mermaid' to be Analyzed by Japanese Scientists

Post by Mildredtabitha »

I'm surprised they call it "sacred".
It seems there were many creatures in the past than there are now. Maybe most became extinct but we will never know why.

And maybe some live in other planets but I don't think we will ever know. I see many indian idols and gods are shaped like mermaids with many hands.

Re: Video: Sacred 'Mermaid' to be Analyzed by Japanese Scientists

Post by Hova »

Looks like it has fangs. Also, it is way smaller than I expected. That is one creepy-looking Mermaid, no Offence.