Do mermaids exist?

The discussion of cryptozoology - the study of and search for animals and especially legendary animals (such as Sasquatch) usually in order to evaluate the possibility of their existence
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Do mermaids exist?

Post by Mildredtabitha »

I've only seen mermaids in cartoons and some movies. I've never seen one in real life. I have been told that they can't be seen because they are in spirit form. Well, if that is true then I can only think that they are fallen angels because there is no way you will be a human from waist up and a snake from waist down. Only demons can turn into that form.

Anyway, if mermaids really exist, what is the evidence and where are they in the world?

Re: Do mermaids exist?

Post by Hova »

I have seen some pretty convincing clips online, but with the impressive works that VFX is capable of nowadays, who knows?
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Post by Mildredtabitha »

Hova wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:42 am I have seen some pretty convincing clips online, but with the impressive works that VFX is capable of nowadays, who knows?
I've seen such convincing clips too. It made me think that someone must have seen it whether in spirit form or physical form for them to be able to create a video of a mermaid. Or it could be someone's imagination.
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by mr_iqman »

Well, they say that humans developed through evolution....evolving from organisms that came from the sea...so yes, I think mermaids are real. Are they mermaids from the Disney movies?...I don't think so, but I do believe that they are real. It is something that I think we really need to do some research on.
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Post by Mildredtabitha »

mr_iqman wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:39 pm Well, they say that humans developed through evolution....evolving from organisms that came from the sea...so yes, I think mermaids are real. Are they mermaids from the Disney movies?...I don't think so, but I do believe that they are real. It is something that I think we really need to do some research on.
I was taught the same in highschool too. We were taught how humans evolved in our history class. That study was so conflicting for me because I've always believed human beings were created by God. This is one reason I dropped the history subject.

So I beg to disagree about the evolution theory. But about mermaids existing, I agree that some research needs to be done.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Post by jasmine »

Mildredtabitha wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:32 am
mr_iqman wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:39 pm Well, they say that humans developed through evolution....evolving from organisms that came from the sea...so yes, I think mermaids are real. Are they mermaids from the Disney movies?...I don't think so, but I do believe that they are real. It is something that I think we really need to do some research on.
I was taught the same in highschool too. We were taught how humans evolved in our history class. That study was so conflicting for me because I've always believed human beings were created by God. This is one reason I dropped the history subject.

So I beg to disagree about the evolution theory. But about mermaids existing, I agree that some research needs to be done.
Do you actually believe God created the world in 6 days? Do you actually believe He created Adam, and from Adam he created Eve, and then they made children and their children breed with each other and made more children and popular te earth? What do you think about the evidence scientists have found?
Now, back to the topic, I believe there are sea creatures that have striking similarities with human beings
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Post by kingsnite »

They say that only a small fraction of our oceans have been researched so far, so maybe mermaids do exit. I'm not saying that I 100% believe in them, but who knows what lies in the deepest, darkest areas of the sea.