New Multimillion-Dollar Research Lab Will Attempt to Revive Tasmanian Tiger

The discussion of cryptozoology - the study of and search for animals and especially legendary animals (such as Sasquatch) usually in order to evaluate the possibility of their existence
Site Admin
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member
Been Liked: 1 time
United States of America

New Multimillion-Dollar Research Lab Will Attempt to Revive Tasmanian Tiger

Post by staarker »

A university in Australia plans to create a 'world-class' research facility aimed at bringing the famed Tasmanian Tiger back from extinction. Made possible by way of a multimillion-dollar philanthropic donation, Melbourne University announced the establishment of the Thylacine Integrated Genetic Restoration Research (TIGRR) Lab. The project will be focused on developing the technological tools to revive the iconic creature which was declared extinct decades ago and to use those insights to also protect threatened species so that they do not suffer a similar fate.
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/ ... ian-tiger/
Attachments
1.PNG
1.PNG (125.69 KiB) Viewed 1789 times

Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: New Multimillion-Dollar Research Lab Will Attempt to Revive Tasmanian Tiger

Post by mr_iqman »

I read about this before a few years ago. But I wonder, if they do bring back the Tasmanian tiger, what kinds of effects will it have on the ecosystem? It's been extinct for over 50 years I think. Would the ecosystem be able to handle its presence now?
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Re: New Multimillion-Dollar Research Lab Will Attempt to Revive Tasmanian Tiger

Post by jasmine »

I read the news. But my question is what is the point? There are a lot of animals that have gone instinct. There is absolutely not necessary to revive them. Human should not play Gods. What if Jurassic Park becomes our reality?