Mysterious Big Cat Photographed in Hawaii

The discussion of cryptozoology - the study of and search for animals and especially legendary animals (such as Sasquatch) usually in order to evaluate the possibility of their existence
Site Admin
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member
Been Liked: 1 time
United States of America

Mysterious Big Cat Photographed in Hawaii

Post by staarker »

A Hawaiian man could not believe his eyes when he spotted a mysterious and rather sizeable big cat prowling around his property over the weekend. According to a local media report, the unsettling sighting occurred on Sunday morning as the unnamed witness was weeding his yard in the fairly remote community of Holualoa. The normally routine task, however, took a frightening turn when he noticed that there was a rather large animal lurking approximately 400 feet away near a stone wall on his property. "I see this massive animal and at first I'm thinking that’s a big dog," the shaken witness recalled, "I’m like, oh my god, that is not a dog that is a cat. That is a huge cat."
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/ ... in-hawaii/

youtu.be/w6XAv_M2v2o

Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: Mysterious Big Cat Photographed in Hawaii

Post by mr_iqman »

If this is true, it's probably a case of someone buying a pet and then getting tired of it and releasing it. They probably smuggled in the animal when it was a baby and as it got bigger, decided that it was just too much to take care of. If this is the case then it's just sad because the animal will probably end of being killed.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Post by jasmine »

I watched the video, and even though I could not see a clear picture of the "mysterious big cat " I am convinced that it was some species of the cat family. My opinion is based on the footprint, it sure looks like a big cat food print. Perhaps it could be some cat-like animal thought to be extinct.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ricky1874 »

This is one reason I am cautious when I walk through the woods or never tried swimming in any of the local ponds or streams where I live. You never know what types of creatures some pet owner has grown tired of and decided to just release them into the wild. I live in the state of North Carolina. Just imagine if someone released a pack of hyenas or leopards into the wild without any natural predators to keep there populations in check...then you will have a situation like the problem with pythons they have down in Florida.