Africa’s Enigmatic Cryptid: The Nandi Bear

The discussion of cryptozoology - the study of and search for animals and especially legendary animals (such as Sasquatch) usually in order to evaluate the possibility of their existence
Site Admin
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member
Been Liked: 1 time
United States of America

Africa’s Enigmatic Cryptid: The Nandi Bear

Post by staarker »

Zoologists claim there are no bears living in Africa, but ursine fossils have been discovered there, so it’s possible that the Nandi Bear isn’t extinct.

The Nandi tribe, for which this bear is named, are the people who have seen this mysterious animal more often than others. According to witnesses’ accounts, this cryptid, an unknown mysterious animal, UMA, has the bears’ characteristics and posture.

The small brown animal climbs trees. It’s a ferocious, nocturnal animal, said to eat humans and livestock. The Nandi bear has successfully avoided scientists and hunters.

It has various names, including chemosit, chimosit, kerit, duba, vere, kikambang and sabrookoo, gadet and geteit. Witnesses have sighted the cryptid since ancient times. Roman scholar Pliny the Elder, wrote about it in the first century CE. https://anomalien.com/africas-enigmatic ... andi-bear/
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (20.92 KiB) Viewed 3765 times

Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Been Liked: 1 time

Re: Africa’s Enigmatic Cryptid: The Nandi Bear

Post by dave362 »

I wouldn't doubt that this creature once lived. I think I remember hearing or reading something a long time ago that said we are still discovering new species every day. So when you think about all the places that are still a mystery to us like the Rain Forest, it's quite possible to me that the bear is or was real at one point in history.
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: Africa’s Enigmatic Cryptid: The Nandi Bear

Post by mr_iqman »

It's just crazy that you can have hundreds or thousands of people see something---past down the stories of what they saw for hundreds/thousands of years---and still because we don't have any physical evidence of what they saw---modern people dismiss these stories as fairy tales and folklore.