5 famous cryptids in the US

The discussion of cryptozoology - the study of and search for animals and especially legendary animals (such as Sasquatch) usually in order to evaluate the possibility of their existence

5 famous cryptids in the US

Post by davemre »

According to this article, theses are 5 of the most famous cryptids in the US. They are Bigfoot, the Goat Man, the Jersey Devil, Mothman and the Shunk Ape. Does anyone believe that either all or some of them exist or are they just made-up stories? For me, the only one that might be real is Big Foot.
https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/af ... 8d5606c0c5

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: 5 famous cryptids in the US

Post by ricky1874 »

Even if you don't believe in any of these creatures, you have to think about the fact that these stories have continued to exist for all these years because people have consistently seen creatures that resemble them
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Post by blaqcrow »

Skunk ape? That is a new one to me! Must be very location-specific. Maybe a lot of these creatures are just the same one but in different places being seen by different people? Who knows. I feel like this stuff all started happening after the war ended which makes me wonder if the US took on some crazy Nazi scientists who were running experiments or something.

Post by davidworth »

The only one that I believe might exist is Big Foot. I'm skeptical of the others. I think they are just old made up stories that started years ago

Post by davemre »

blaqcrow wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:21 pm Skunk ape? That is a new one to me! Must be very location-specific. Maybe a lot of these creatures are just the same one but in different places being seen by different people? Who knows. I feel like this stuff all started happening after the war ended which makes me wonder if the US took on some crazy Nazi scientists who were running experiments or something.
This could be a possibility when you think about it. I remember years ago reading that almost a million people were reported missing in the US every year. Maybe the government is using some of them to conduct experiments on.