Witches and worlocks

Share your ideas about some interesting topics that you would like to see talked about.
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Witches and worlocks

Post by kingsnite »

Maybe create a section for witches and worlocks. Then we can talk about all the false accusations there were at the time

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Re: Witches and worlocks

Post by jasmine »

I do not know anything about worlocks, in fact, this is the first time I heard the word. But witches and witchcraft are a popular subjects in my culture. Sadly, a lot of women are still prosecuted in the name of practicing witchcraft mostly in the rural areas.

Post by Kieranlewix »

My knowledge on witches,warlocks, mages, wizards and witchcraft is heavily premised on the movies and series that I have watched over the years. In my country Kenya, there have been stories and actual witch sightings but they are very sad and gruesome ordeals. Call me old fashioned but I prefer a witch that practices magic, that is to mean a "The Vampire Diaries" witch to a "Supernatural" witch. I find the whole chicken bones and entrails thing disgusting and downright evil. However, I am fascinated by the magic or witchcraft practiced from harnessing the elements of fire, wind. air and earth. In Kenya and other African countries specifically Nigeria, witches practice human sacrifice and violations of human rights, which is wrong and vile.

That said, I have an appreciation for magic or witchcraft as was and is still used by medicine men, rainmakers and traditional healers. In Kenya, there haven't been any witch trials to the best of my knowledge but there have been accusations of individuals and cults that worship the devil and perform human sacrifices and dark magic but the law doesn't recognize witchcraft and punishes such wrong doers with jail-time.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ricky1874 »

kingsnite wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:43 pm Maybe create a section for witches and worlocks. Then we can talk about all the false accusations there were at the time
I do believe that there are people that could be considered to be either witches or warlocks. But it is a good question to ask how many people were sent to their death by being accused of being one of them. Thousands or millions. Just imagine how many innocent souls were put to death because of these accusations.