Robotic Machines Evolve On Their Own

Discuss events like time-travel, space travel, new technologies etc. here.
Site Admin
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member
Been Liked: 1 time
United States of America

Robotic Machines Evolve On Their Own

Post by staarker »

New Scientist recently featured a video which showcases robotic machines capable of learning, reproducing, and evolving on their own. The machines interact with their surroundings and learn to solve any problems they encounter. Then the most successful machines are programmed to "mate" and pass on their virtual DNA. The progeny of these robots are manufactured by 3D printer and assembled autonomously. Researchers think such systems could one day allow robotic machines to learn and evolve on their own in order to complete complex tasks, such as cleaning a nuclear site or exploring an asteroid.

youtu.be/448XzdI__nc

Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Re: Robotic Machines Evolve On Their Own

Post by Mildredtabitha »

staarker wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:39 am New Scientist recently featured a video which showcases robotic machines capable of learning, reproducing, and evolving on their own. The machines interact with their surroundings and learn to solve any problems they encounter. Then the most successful machines are programmed to "mate" and pass on their virtual DNA. The progeny of these robots are manufactured by 3D printer and assembled autonomously. Researchers think such systems could one day allow robotic machines to learn and evolve on their own in order to complete complex tasks, such as cleaning a nuclear site or exploring an asteroid.

youtu.be/448XzdI__nc
Huh! Did you mention reproducing? How? Will God allow this?

I really doubt if this vision will ever be achieved. What if this robotic machines turn against humans who created them and try to be the ones controlling humans?

I know every machine whether robotic or not can only run if the humans running them are efficient. So this robots can't produce and make themselves.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ricky1874 »

I've heard about something similar to this before, but I think it was like 5-10 years ago. If I can remember correctly, it was a computer program rather than some physical bots.
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by mr_iqman »

I always think that things like this is fascinating. I am a programmer and hive written many programs before. But, I hope to get into Artificial Intelligence one day in the future. I know that some people are scared of this technology, but I think it is best to study something before being afraid of it.