NASA to land 1st person of color on the moon with Artemis program

Discuss events like time-travel, space travel, new technologies etc. here.
Site Admin
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member
Been Liked: 1 time
United States of America

NASA to land 1st person of color on the moon with Artemis program

Post by staarker »

NASA will land the first person of color in addition to the first woman on the moon with the Artemis program, NASA's Acting Administrator Steve Jurczyk revealed today (April 9).

Today, President Joe Biden's administration submitted a budget proposal outlining its priorities for discretionary spending for the fiscal year 2022 to Congress. The proposed budget includes a funding increase that will support Mars sample return, research, climate science and more at NASA. Jurczyk responded to the news in a NASA statement and additionally revealed that the agency will be landing the first person of color on the moon with the Artemis program, which aims to return humans to the lunar surface.
https://www.livescience.com/nasa-sendin ... temis.html
Attachments
1.PNG
1.PNG (132.43 KiB) Viewed 1914 times

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Re: NASA to land 1st person of color on the moon with Artemis program

Post by jasmine »

How many first-person does NASA want to send to the moon apart from the first person of color and first woman: First-person of Indian origin, the first person of Asian origin, the first person of Hispanic origin, first-person of Arabic origin? There will always be the first person. I have problems with news headlines like this.
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Been Liked: 1 time

Re: NASA to land 1st person of color on the moon with Artemis program

Post by dave362 »

Like I said in another post, this sounds great and everything, but will it really happen. The reason we haven't gone back to the Moon over all these decades is because of public and political negative opinion about going back. What if Biden's not re-elected? What if the public turns against sending people back to the Moon? I'm hopeful we will get back to the Moon soon, but if we don't, I wouldn't be surprised.