Time Travel?

Discuss events like time-travel, space travel, new technologies etc. here.
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Time Travel?

Post by kingsnite »

Time travel - is it possible? If so, will it be achieved soon...or has it alreadied been accomplished? Personally I believe it is possible and has alreadied been accomplished or if not, will be accomplished in my life time.

Re: Time Travel?

Post by mystix71 »

There are certain things that make me think it might have been done. I am not sure how real they are or not but I remember seeing a picture of a man with a modern cell phone in an older setting from years prior and I always thought it was strange to see. I don't know if has been done or not but if it is a thing, I doubt we will ever know for sure. This kind of technology will never be revealed to the public.

Post by Micky »

If time travel is real, I hope no one considers using it. The main issue I have with the theory of time travel, is the inevitable butterfly effect you will set in motion in doing so. Say you decide to travel back in time to relive your life, if possible. Or, to push your past self into a new direction. Keep in mind, doing these changes, could result in your life being much different, as well as friends and family. If you change one thing in the past, it can have a ripple effect.

Say you go back in time, and push your past self to date the girl you had a crush on growing up. Lets say the relationship works and you two fall in love. Well, the family that woman made in the present, will likely cease to be. This could also have a ripple effect on others lives.

Time travel sounds cool, but you'll be destroying the life you made currently in doing so, and could destroy the current lives of many others in the process. Could you do that even knowing the outcome?
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by mr_iqman »

Micky wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:11 pm If time travel is real, I hope no one considers using it. The main issue I have with the theory of time travel, is the inevitable butterfly effect you will set in motion in doing so. Say you decide to travel back in time to relive your life, if possible. Or, to push your past self into a new direction. Keep in mind, doing these changes, could result in your life being much different, as well as friends and family. If you change one thing in the past, it can have a ripple effect.

Say you go back in time, and push your past self to date the girl you had a crush on growing up. Lets say the relationship works and you two fall in love. Well, the family that woman made in the present, will likely cease to be. This could also have a ripple effect on others lives.

Time travel sounds cool, but you'll be destroying the life you made currently in doing so, and could destroy the current lives of many others in the process. Could you do that even knowing the outcome?
I agree with you on one hand, but on the other just imagine if there were multiple realities. What if there was an infinite amount of them. Maybe time travel is possible in this scenario. If this is the case, maybe time traveling wouldn't cause so much damage.