How many early human species existed on Earth?

Discuss events like time-travel, space travel, new technologies etc. here.
Site Admin
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member
Been Liked: 1 time
United States of America

How many early human species existed on Earth?

Post by staarker »

We Homo sapiens didn't used to be alone. Long ago, there was a lot more human diversity; Homo sapiens lived alongside an estimated eight now-extinct species of human about 300,000 years ago. As recently as 15,000 years ago, we were sharing caves with another human species known as the Denisovans. And fossilized remains indicate an even higher number of early human species once populated Earth before our species came along.
https://www.livescience.com/how-many-human-species.html
Attachments
skull.PNG
skull.PNG (114.95 KiB) Viewed 5346 times

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: How many early human species existed on Earth?

Post by ricky1874 »

I've always and still believe that the modern day human being is not the only humanoid being on Earth. I've always felt that this is the case sense I was little. I think that when you think about all the myths about other humanoid being in the history of mankind, you have to think that maybe some of it has a little bit of truth to it.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Post by jasmine »

Look at the people around the world, Africans, Europeans, Chinese, and Indians, and how different and diverse they are. Do you think all of these people came our from the same ancestors? There were definitely various human species.
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Post by kingsnite »

This could explain all the vast differences in people. Those species probably interbred and formed what we see now as modern day human beings.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Post by jasmine »

There are a lot of evidence that prove that homo sapiens co-existed with other human sapiens. Scientists say, one of the reasons why other human species went extinct while homo sapiens continued to develop is because they started breading and homo sapiens had dominant genes, so other species perished