The US Military spent the 1950s developing “Flying Platforms”

Discuss events like time-travel, space travel, new technologies etc. here.
Site Admin
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member
Been Liked: 1 time
United States of America

The US Military spent the 1950s developing “Flying Platforms”

Post by staarker »

Long before Marty McFly tore up Courthouse Square on a Mattel hoverboard, the US military-industrial complex worked secretly to develop their own flying platform technology. The VZ-1 Pawnee was eventually born, and it was a bizarre.

The development of flying platforms began in the 1940s with Charles Zimmerman. An aeronautical engineer, Zimmerman dreamt of providing low-cost flight to everyone. Creatively working to make flight accessible, Zimmerman developed a vertical take-off apparatus called “Flying Shoes,”–a platform with two small engines. The engines were connected to a pair of upwards-facing propellers that the pilot strapped to their feet. The pilot could control the “Flying Shoes” by simply shifting their weight in the direction they wished to move–a form of movement referred to as “kinesthetic control” (much like a bike or surfboard).
https://thedebrief.org/the-us-military- ... -1_pawnee/
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (67.22 KiB) Viewed 1259 times

Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Re: The US Military spent the 1950s developing “Flying Platforms”

Post by kingsnite »

I've heard about this before, but years ago, I also watched this documentary about the US trying to build flying saucer shaped crafts. Maybe some of the UFO sightings that people have been seeing through the years are actually some of our own advanced USA air crafts.

Re: The US Military spent the 1950s developing “Flying Platforms”

Post by Hova »

Makes sense. We all know they thrive on fear and deception. I bet it goes way back to the early 1900s.