China Plans To Build a Massive Several Mile-Wide Spacecraft

Discuss events like time-travel, space travel, new technologies etc. here.
Site Admin
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member
Been Liked: 1 time
United States of America

China Plans To Build a Massive Several Mile-Wide Spacecraft

Post by staarker »

It has been learned in recent days that China’s National Natural Science Foundation (NNSF) is moving forward with plans to study the construction of a massive, several mile-wide spacecraft, beginning with a five year project that will examine the mechanics of carrying out such an engineering feat in orbit.
https://thedebrief.org/china-plans-to-b ... pacecraft/

Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: China Plans To Build a Massive Several Mile-Wide Spacecraft

Post by jeremydeth »

This sounds awesome. Could this be the beginning of the Star Trek era? NASA should take notice and really start revamping their space programs or they will soon start to fall behind
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by alien_head »

If this happens it would probably be one of the greatest achievements of mankind. But are the Chinese actually going to achieve this before America? I thought America was the leader in technology in the world. I'm not hating, but it just seems like this is something that America would pursue.

Post by countryman12 »

jeremydeth wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:18 am This sounds awesome. Could this be the beginning of the Star Trek era? NASA should take notice and really start revamping their space programs or they will soon start to fall behind
I agree. This sounds like something America should be doing. If we don't step up our space game, China will definitely pass us
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Post by jasmine »

According to Asian Development Bank, about 8.5 percent of Chinese live under the poverty line. In a country with such huge poverty, spending on space programs is useless. They are trying to compete with the US in the wrong area as they have a huge income disparity in the country.
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by mr_iqman »

jasmine wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:56 am According to Asian Development Bank, about 8.5 percent of Chinese live under the poverty line. In a country with such huge poverty, spending on space programs is useless. They are trying to compete with the US in the wrong area as they have a huge income disparity in the country.
i read somewhere a few years ago that China plans to dominate space in the near future. By the way, there's a large amount of poverty here in the USA also. And there is a large amount of Americans that are against investment in space technology because of this. This is one of the main reasons we haven't been back to the Moon, NASA's budget has decreased and a lot of space technology advancements have been outsourced to private companies (Elon Musk).
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ricky1874 »

countryman12 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:15 am
jeremydeth wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:18 am This sounds awesome. Could this be the beginning of the Star Trek era? NASA should take notice and really start revamping their space programs or they will soon start to fall behind
I agree. This sounds like something America should be doing. If we don't step up our space game, China will definitely pass us
Maybe this is a good thing. Having competition with the Russians is what got us to the Moon in the first place. So, maybe this competition will lead us back to the Moon.

Post by sammyk »

I googled the story just to see if it was true, and found lots of articles talking about it. So, my question is...why isn't more media outlets talking about this? NASA has been making a major deal about sending probes to the Moon lately. I would think that building a huge spacecraft a mile long would be more exciting to people.