New unusual repeating fast radio burst detected 3 billion light-years away

Discuss events like time-travel, space travel, new technologies etc. here.
Site Admin
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member
Been Liked: 1 time
United States of America

New unusual repeating fast radio burst detected 3 billion light-years away

Post by staarker »

Astronomers have detected a mysterious, repeating fast radio burst emanating from a dwarf galaxy located 3 billion light-years away.
The cosmic object is distinctive when compared with other detections of radio bursts in recent years, according to new research.
Fast radio bursts, or FRBs, are millisecond-long bursts of radio waves in space. Individual radio bursts emit once and don't repeat. But repeating fast radio bursts are known to send out short, energetic radio waves multiple times.

Astronomers have been able to trace some radio bursts back to their home galaxies, but they have yet to determine the actual cause of the pulses. Learning more about the origin of these bright, intense radio emissions could help scientists understand what causes them. https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/08/world/re ... index.html

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: New unusual repeating fast radio burst detected 3 billion light-years away

Post by ricky1874 »

This does make me think of years ago when I was a part of the SETI search program. Meaning I was part of millions of people that ran their software program on my computer trying to discover life on other planets. But now that I'm older it does make me a little worried about what we will find