Avrocar - Footage of the Air Force's Real Flying Saucer

Discuss events like time-travel, space travel, new technologies etc. here.
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 1 time

Avrocar - Footage of the Air Force's Real Flying Saucer

Post by alien_head »

This 1961 film shows test footage of the Avro Canada VZ-9 Avrocar. The Avrocar was an experimental VTOL (vertical takeoff and landing) aircraft. The Avrocar was the United States Air Force's attempt at making in essence a real flying saucer, although one that could not fly into space. Although the Avrocar prototypes were able to actually fly, their novel engine systems produced huge amounts of heat that destroyed the aircraft's systems after only a few flights. The program was eventually abandoned by the Air Force. The original footage is silent.

youtu.be/opD86VZSWpo

Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: Avrocar - Footage of the Air Force's Real Flying Saucer

Post by jeremydeth »

I've heard about this before. Years ago I watched a documentary about the US trying to build saucer shaped craft. Maybe some of the UFO sightings that people see today are actually some of our own advanced US space craft.

Post by rnastee »

This looks similar to some of the current man flying hover crafts that we see today. I really don't think that they abandoned the program. I think they just took the program to secrecy.
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by mr_iqman »

jeremydeth wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:12 pm I've heard about this before. Years ago I watched a documentary about the US trying to build saucer shaped craft. Maybe some of the UFO sightings that people see today are actually some of our own advanced US space craft.
I agree. I believe most UFO sightings are actually top secret US aircraft. During the first Gulf war(in the early 90s) when the stealth bomber fighter jets where revealed, it was discovered that the stealth technology was from the 70s. So, there's no telling what crazy aircraft we have now.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ricky1874 »

I just came across a story that was talking about how the Nazis were working on disc shaped aircraft. From the images that I saw, the aircraft looked an awful lot like a flying saucer. I really do believe that most of these UFOs we see today are man-made aircraft.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Post by jasmine »

I knew the US military had tested things like this one in the past but I had not watched the video. This flying saucer does not appear very surprising to me because helicopters can fly without running on the runway. Helicopters can just take off from their position.
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by dave362 »

I remember a guy named Bob Lazar who said he worked for the government at a secret base. He claims to have worked on some anti-gravity machines like flying saucers and watched them fly. He was claiming that they were alien crafts and they were trying to reverse engineer them. That was decades ago. A lot of discoveries in the world after that time. Just something to make you really think.