A Private Space Company Is Launching a Probe to Look for Alien Life on Venus

Discuss events like time-travel, space travel, new technologies etc. here.
Site Admin
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member
Been Liked: 1 time
United States of America

A Private Space Company Is Launching a Probe to Look for Alien Life on Venus

Post by staarker »

The space company Rocket Lab aims to launch the first private mission to another planet, which would hunt for life on Venus and blaze a new trail for commercial space entities in deep space exploration.

Peter Beck, CEO of Rocket Lab, has discussed his vision of a Venus mission before, but a new study outlines the plan in more detail and confirms that the probe could blast off as early as May 2023 on the company’s lightweight Electron rocket. https://www.vice.com/en/article/wxnj9m/ ... e-on-venus

Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: A Private Space Company Is Launching a Probe to Look for Alien Life on Venus

Post by mr_iqman »

I've always had a fascination with Venus since I was a kid. I always thought there was some type of life living there. I would love if they could find that life if it existed. Maybe this will lead to more research being done on this planet from more organizations both government and private.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Re: A Private Space Company Is Launching a Probe to Look for Alien Life on Venus

Post by jasmine »

Venus is the hottest planet in our solar system. If life exists on venus it must be something that can survive 460-degree Celcius. Venus's atmosphere is mostly comprised of carbon dioxide, so if life exists then it must be something that survives on carbon dioxide. I don't think any life form exists in our solar system except earth.
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Post by kingsnite »

It's nice to see private companies getting involved in the search for extraterrestrial life. I honestly have more fate in them finding alien life than through NASA. It's sad, but I think NASA has other agendas.