Real Reason NASA Hasn't Sent Humans To Mars

Discuss events like time-travel, space travel, new technologies etc. here.
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 1 time

Real Reason NASA Hasn't Sent Humans To Mars

Post by alien_head »

We could have been on Mars 30 years ago. At the peak of the Apollo era in the early '70s, NASA was already planning its next step into the unknown.

Its plans included building multiple space stations, continued trips to the Moon, and the first crewed mission to Mars by the 1980s. Can you imagine watching astronauts walk on Mars the same time the walkmen came out?

But NASA never sent humans to Mars in the '80s. And here we are 30 years later, still dreaming of the possibility. But the reason isn't necessarily a matter of technology or innovation. It actually comes down to politics.

youtu.be/3iMlOH6hdOw

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: Real Reason NASA Hasn't Sent Humans To Mars

Post by ricky1874 »

I never really looked at it that way. But I guess it does make sense. I really makes perfect sense why we haven't been back to the Moon also. Maybe if we have a string of pro space presidents over the next 20 years we can finally get something accomplished.

Post by sammyk »

After watching this video, it really does make me angry. We should have been back to the Moon a thousand times by now. And we could have colonized Mars by now.

Post by davemre »

Sounds about right to me. Like I always say, "Mankind is the biggest road block to mankind's own advancements in life". Just imagine if we(mankind) spent as much effort into science and human advancements as we did into wars.