Scientists grow human brain cells in rats to study diseases

Discuss events like time-travel, space travel, new technologies etc. here.
Site Admin
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member
Been Liked: 1 time
United States of America

Scientists grow human brain cells in rats to study diseases

Post by staarker »

Scientists have transplanted human brain cells into the brains of baby rats, where the cells grew and formed connections.

It’s part of an effort to better study human brain development and diseases affecting this most complex of organs, which makes us who we are but has long been shrouded in mystery. https://apnews.com/article/science-heal ... 79f3cd2a56

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Re: Scientists grow human brain cells in rats to study diseases

Post by jasmine »

I don't know whether I should be happy or sad. While understanding how human organs operate is undoubtedly one of the greatest feats of mankind, yet, trying to live longer by experiencing nonsense things is surely the height of stupidity.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ricky1874 »

I'm all for the advancement of science and technology, but this kind of stuff scares me. Do scientist really know what they're doing in these types of situations? Hopefully they've been studying and researching this for years before they actually conducted this experiment.

Post by veronikam »

This seems crazy and highly unethical to me. And this makes me wonder why there's no major news coverage on this. To me, this is a story that should be covered by the major new outlets and talked about for atleast a few weeks.
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by dave362 »

I'm all in for human advancements, but when I read something like this viewtopic.php?f=7&t=234 it freaks me out. How can human brain cells learn how to play a game on their own but can be put inside of a rats and there not be any intelligence enhancements?

Post by crazy_nut »

All of these experiments like this are going to eventually create a new intelligent species...if it hasn't already created one. It's like scientist are playing with fire just trying to get burnt.