Scientist has come up with a new way to overcome the speed of light

Discuss events like time-travel, space travel, new technologies etc. here.
Site Admin
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member
Been Liked: 1 time
United States of America

Scientist has come up with a new way to overcome the speed of light

Post by staarker »

Astrophysicist Erik W. Lentz of the University of Göttingen in Germany has come up with a new way to bypass the speed of light limitation and create a warp drive based on the as yet unexplored space-time curvature configurations. The research is published in the journal Classical and Quantum Gravity.

The theory of relativity allows for the existence of a motor that can travel faster than the speed of light, but this would require a huge amount of hypothetical matter with exotic properties, such as negative energy density.

However, new research can circumvent this problem, provided that it is possible to create ultrafast solitons using conventional energy.

Soliton is a stable wave moving at a constant speed. Lenz derived Einstein’s equations for unexplored soliton spacetime configurations that allow one to overcome the speed of light.

This would allow travel to Proxima Centauri and back to Earth in years, not millennia. Modern rocket technology makes it possible to make a one-way flight in 50 thousand years. https://anomalien.com/scientist-has-com ... -of-light/

Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: Scientist has come up with a new way to overcome the speed of light

Post by mr_iqman »

More and more every year we creep closer to science-fiction. It's just mine boggling that something like warp-drive from the Star Trek TV series might be possible in my lifetime. Maybe I will even get a chance to travel to space one day.