Science Fiction to Science Fact: Miniature Robots Crawl Inside Human Body to Perform Laser Surgery

Discuss events like time-travel, space travel, new technologies etc. here.
Site Admin
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member
Been Liked: 1 time
United States of America

Science Fiction to Science Fact: Miniature Robots Crawl Inside Human Body to Perform Laser Surgery

Post by staarker »

Scientists say they have developed fully functional miniature robots that can go deep inside the human body to perform ultra-precise laser surgery, in a medical innovation similar to on-screen portrayals from science fiction.

Controlled by magnetic fields, the tiny worm-like robotic surgeons were recently demonstrated traveling deeper inside a human cadaver’s lungs than is possible with current state-of-the-art surgical instruments. One of the researchers behind the achievement tells The Debrief that there are a number of organs and systems the incredible “micro-bots” can get inside to perform similar pinpoint explorations and surgeries.

https://thedebrief.org/science-fiction- ... r-surgery/

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Re: Science Fiction to Science Fact: Miniature Robots Crawl Inside Human Body to Perform Laser Surgery

Post by jasmine »

The more I read about scientific developments like this, the more scared I get. What if the bots sent inside the body refuse to work as instructed and instead start controlling the human mind? Would you kill that human that is entirely controlled by a bot? I don't know why scientists are so obsessed at making human lives longer through advancements in technology.
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Been Liked: 1 time

Re: Science Fiction to Science Fact: Miniature Robots Crawl Inside Human Body to Perform Laser Surgery

Post by dave362 »

I remember hearing about this type of technology years ago as a future technology. It's amazing how time flies...because that future is now the present.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ricky1874 »

dave362 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:35 pm I remember hearing about this type of technology years ago as a future technology. It's amazing how time flies...because that future is now the present.
I also remember watching a program years ago about this technology. They were saying it could be used one day to remove tumors.