New AI can predict people’s time of death with high degree of accuracy, study finds

Discuss events like time-travel, space travel, new technologies etc. here.
Site Admin
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member
Been Liked: 1 time
United States of America

New AI can predict people’s time of death with high degree of accuracy, study finds

Post by staarker »

A groundbreaking new ChatGPT-like artificial intelligence system trained with the life stories of over a million people is highly accurate in predicting the lives of individuals as well as their risk of early death, according to a new study.

The AI model was trained on the personal data of Denmark’s population and was shown to predict the people’s chances of dying more accurately than any existing system, scientists from the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) said.

In the study, researchers analysed the health and labour market data for 6 million Danes collected from 2008 to 2020, including information on individuals’ education, visits to doctors and hospitals, resulting diagnoses, income, and occupation.

Scientists converted the dataset into words to train a large language model dubbed “life2vec” similar to the technology behind AI apps like ChatGPT.

Once the AI model learned the patterns in the data, it could outperform other advanced systems and predict outcomes such as personality and time of death with high accuracy, according to the study, published in the journal Nature Computational Science on Tuesday.

https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/deat ... 66988.html

Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Been Liked: 1 time

Re: New AI can predict people’s time of death with high degree of accuracy, study finds

Post by dave362 »

Some of this AI technology is starting to get out of hand. Next they will be trying to use it to predict who will be a criminal...like that one movie I can't seem to remember. I like the advancement of technology and AI, but sometimes I think it is starting to get out of control.
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: New AI can predict people’s time of death with high degree of accuracy, study finds

Post by jeremydeth »

dave362 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:40 pm Some of this AI technology is starting to get out of hand. Next they will be trying to use it to predict who will be a criminal...like that one movie I can't seem to remember. I like the advancement of technology and AI, but sometimes I think it is starting to get out of control.
Unfortunately, I think this is exactly where this technology is headed. This obsession of being able to predict human behavior has been a constant throughout the scientific society.