What ever happened to cloning?

Discuss events like time-travel, space travel, new technologies etc. here.

What ever happened to cloning?

Post by davidworth »

You don't hear much about cloning nowadays. But, 20 years ago we had "Dolly the cow". During the Bush presidency cloning was banned but do you really think it actually stopped?....I don't think so. I wonder what stage is the science of cloning at now.......but not just here in America, but in other parts of the world.

Re: What ever happened to cloning?

Post by rnastee »

I'm pretty sure that the technology of cloning has advanced a lot over the past 20 years. In my opinion I think we are able to clone humans now.

Post by dottie »

I don't really think cloning would be popular because it's not necessary and it would be so weird if you revive the dead scientifically, it's like you provided life and it looks very creepy.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ricky1874 »

I think it's 10x more advanced now. There are probably actual living clones walking among us. You can bet for sure that the technology hasn't faded away
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by patrickwass »

Now that you mentioned it, you don't see much talk about it now. I do remember back in the early 2000s that news about cloning was a hot topic that was in the news all the time.

Post by dave23 »

It would be nice to be able to clone yourself and implant your memories into yourself. If that was the case I would be all in for it.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Post by jasmine »

davidworth wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:23 pm You don't hear much about cloning nowadays. But, 20 years ago we had "Dolly the cow". During the Bush presidency cloning was banned but do you really think it actually stopped?....I don't think so. I wonder what stage is the science of cloning at now.......but not just here in America, but in other parts of the world.
Dolly was not a cow, it was a sheep, the first mammal to be cloned. It was born in 1996 and was euthanised 7 years later because she was suffering from progressive diseases. Cloning of animals still happen and that is usually done for research purpose.
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by jeremydeth »

Here is a video I watched recently about a guy getting his pet cloned. Apparently there is an industry for cloning pets in South Korea. South Korea’s Dog Cloning Industry.

South Korea’s Dog Cloning Industry

youtu.be/c3QWTFpuyqg

Post by rnastee »

jeremydeth wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:23 pm Here is a video I watched recently about a guy getting his pet cloned. Apparently there is an industry for cloning pets in South Korea. South Korea’s Dog Cloning Industry.

South Korea’s Dog Cloning Industry

youtu.be/c3QWTFpuyqg
When I was younger and more attached to my pets, I could see myself using a service like this. But now that I'm older in age, I couldn't possibly see myself using anything like this.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Post by jasmine »

Cloning is rampant among animals, scientists are cloning animals in order to improve the dairy industry and meat industries. However, there is not enough public data to see if this has been beneficial to mankind of not.