The Mysterious Gate of Libertyville and Bloody Story Behind Them

Discuss ghost stories and haunting events from your real life experience or events that you've heard about.
Site Admin
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member
Been Liked: 1 time
United States of America

The Mysterious Gate of Libertyville and Bloody Story Behind Them

Post by staarker »

If you drive about a mile north of Libertyville, down the desolate and secluded River Road, you’ll come to a place where the road makes a sharp right turn. If you look very closely, set back from the road, you will find a menacing-looking iron gate.

According to local legend, in the 1920s, the Libertyville gate was the entrance to an exclusive girls’ finishing school. It was a quiet and polished place where young girls from Chicago’s well-to-do families were able to receive a proper education.

All went well until one terrible night in the 1950s, when the school principal snapped and killed four of the young girls in his care. As the legend goes, the mild-mannered principal inexplicably lost his mind one night and, in a fit of madness, murdered the girls. Then, for unknown reasons, he chopped off their heads, carried them down to the gate and placed them on top of the spikes.

Their bodies were never found and the principal was arrested and tried for his crime. The authorities tried to hush up the whole incident but parents refused to send their children to the school and it had to close down.

https://anomalien.com/the-mysterious-ga ... hind-them/
Attachments
1.png
1.png (208.94 KiB) Viewed 3915 times

Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Re: The Mysterious Gate of Libertyville and Bloody Story Behind Them

Post by kingsnite »

This story sounds too crazy to be true. But...if it is true then it's just crazy. Whatever the case, now I'm intrigued to put this on my bucket list of a place I need to visit