If you could live to be 120 years old and in good health, would you want to? Why or why not?

Talk about various topics not covered in any of the other forums.
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Been Liked: 1 time

If you could live to be 120 years old and in good health, would you want to? Why or why not?

Post by dave362 »

This is a question from one of my classes in biology that I thought was interesting....

"Cell division is closely linked to aging. There is some connection between aging and the regulation of cell division. Much research is being conducted to arrest and even reverse ageing. If you could live to be 120 years old and in good health, would you want to? Why or why not?"

India

Re: If you could live to be 120 years old and in good health, would you want to? Why or why not?

Post by iamawriter »

I live one day at a time and how long I live will not make any difference as long as I am healthy. I would however have to imbibe whatever upgrades and changes I see around me. Age is just a number
It is not how much one has but what one makes of what one has is the route to happiness :)
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Re: If you could live to be 120 years old and in good health, would you want to? Why or why not?

Post by Mildredtabitha »

It will fully depend on how things are going in my life, if they are going great then I would want to live for more years. But since you cant be able to do most things that you normally do when you are young and strong and don't see the point of living any longer. My life will be boring and meaningless at old age.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ricky1874 »

Overall I would because I love to cherish experiences in life. So, the longer you live the more experiences you have. And, I believe as you get older and gain more experiences life can be good. But the key is, being in good health. I’ve seen a lot of people grow old and their bodies fall apart and their last days are filled with pain and misery. But, one thing I would consider when answering this question is what kind of good health do you mean? Do you mean good health as in looking like I’m 120 but not in pain and being able to get around like driving a car and taking care of myself. Or do you mean being 120 but looking like I’m in my 40s or 50s and feeling like I did in my 20s or 30s?
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by jeremydeth »

Would this be some type of procedure? If so, I wonder if it would be available to everybody, or just to a select few. Maybe it would just be for the 1% or the very rich. But hopefully most people would have the opportunity to participate.
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

Post by mr_iqman »

jeremydeth wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:49 pm Would this be some type of procedure? If so, I wonder if it would be available to everybody, or just to a select few. Maybe it would just be for the 1% or the very rich. But hopefully most people would have the opportunity to participate.
If it was some type of special procedure, I doubt if it would be use much past the 1%. I remember people having a debate after the CEO of Apple died of cancer. They were talking about how brilliant he was and what a great mind he had and how it would be great if we could extend lives like his. There was also talk of billionaires pouring money into anti-aging research. So, besides those two types of people, I doubt if a regular person would ever see this procedure
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Post by jasmine »

If I can live naturally for 120 years that's fine, I cannot become a part of an experiment to live 120 years (something like we see in movies and science fiction). If I can live 120 years and be fully functional (mind and body), I think it will be for the betterment of the greater good. I would try to do something that will ensure the longevity of the human race

Post by veronikam »

If I could live to be 120 I would. The reason why is because it is amazing how much you can learn about life over that time span. There is so much information out here that people are not able to live long enough to learn most of it. Just think about how much time we put in our lives just trying to survive.

Post by davemre »

I would want to live to 120 years old and in good health but only if my loved ones could join me. I know that in 120 years of life, one could meet many different people, travel the world, and have many experiences. We are relational beings so living that long would only be worth it if I could share that time and do something meaningful in it. I would not want to live that long if I had to watch everyone I know, and love pass on.
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

Post by jeremydeth »

mr_iqman wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:28 pm
jeremydeth wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:49 pm Would this be some type of procedure? If so, I wonder if it would be available to everybody, or just to a select few. Maybe it would just be for the 1% or the very rich. But hopefully most people would have the opportunity to participate.
If it was some type of special procedure, I doubt if it would be use much past the 1%. I remember people having a debate after the CEO of Apple died of cancer. They were talking about how brilliant he was and what a great mind he had and how it would be great if we could extend lives like his. There was also talk of billionaires pouring money into anti-aging research. So, besides those two types of people, I doubt if a regular person would ever see this procedure
You're probably right. And now that I think about it, we currently are overpopulated. So it really wouldn't make sense for everyone to have access to it.