Scientists discover reptiles, amphibians that don’t grow old!

Talk about various topics not covered in any of the other forums.
Site Admin
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member
Been Liked: 1 time
United States of America

Scientists discover reptiles, amphibians that don’t grow old!

Post by staarker »

In the largest study of its kind, scientists have discovered what keeps certain species from aging — possibly opening the door to longer lifespans for humans.
An international team, led by researchers from Penn State and Northeastern Illinois University, says they’ve unlocked the secrets of aging among reptiles and amphibians worldwide. Across 77 different species from around the globe, researchers found some with extremely long lifespans, lasting for more than a century. While some might think these animals are just sitting at the top of their respective food chains, the team found there’s more to it than that. Some of the creatures living on Earth simply aren’t aging at all!
https://www.studyfinds.org/secrets-of-aging-discovered/

India

Re: Scientists discover reptiles, amphibians that don’t grow old!

Post by iamawriter »

If it is a natural phenomenon I will accept it but if Science has tampered and created this situation that would be disastrous. Imagine the world with ageless human beings. As it is science is only making human beings exist and not live with all complications created by therapies.
It is not how much one has but what one makes of what one has is the route to happiness :)
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Post by jasmine »

Since I have not heard of this study in the mainstream media, I am not easily giving into it. Even if it is true, I believe a lot of animals live for a long time, for instance, it has been found that sea turtles live up to 150 years, the average age being 80 years. Bowhead whales are said to live up to 200 years.
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by mr_iqman »

With all these new breakthroughs involving age happening all the time, I wonder is it just a matter of time before we reach immortality?