Are humans more advanced, evolutionary, than cockroaches?

Talk about various topics not covered in any of the other forums.
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member
Been Liked: 1 time

Are humans more advanced, evolutionary, than cockroaches?

Post by dave362 »

Some animals have evolved to become adapted to a wide range of habitats and conditions. They are considered survivors. Have human surpassed cockroaches as the ultimate survivors?

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Re: Are humans more advanced, evolutionary, than cockroaches?

Post by jasmine »

Dinosaurs are believed to have existed about 250 million years ago and humans are believed to have evolved about 5-7 million years ago. However, cockroaches evolved about 300 million years ago and they are still with us. Scientists believe cockroaches will even survive nuclear disasters. However, evolution is not only about existence, therefore, I believe humans have evolved better.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ricky1874 »

I would say no. I’ve worked as an exterminator most of last year and the resilience of the roach is amazing. I’ve worked at places were the place has been abandoned for months, but there were still signs of roaches. This is especially true of you’re talking about the “German Roach”. They are probably the worst type of roach to have as far as developing an infestation. They reproduce real fast and when they do, they have a lot of offspring. They also will eat virtually anything to survive. So for there reasons, I think that the cockroach is more advanced evolutionary than mankind.

Post by veronikam »

I have to give it to the Cockroaches in this debate. They evolved before the continents did which is why they are everywhere. They are strong and are quick to adapt to their environment they become immune to pesticides faster then most insects. They are what would be left after a nuclear bombing. The bomb would kill all humans but not all cockroaches these guys are here to stay for the long haul.

Post by paul480 »

I also think they would survive a nuclear war because of their high reproduction rate. It wouldn't take long for them to adapt to the radiation. Also, if food becomes scarce, they will also turn to cannibalism. I saw one program years ago that showed roaches eating the dead skin flakes that fall off of people.
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by mr_iqman »

Humans are more intellectual for sure, but I think that for evolutionary purposes, cockroaches are more advanced than humans are. Cockroaches can live almost anywhere and survive with minimal amounts of resources. Cockroaches are omnivorous, which means they eat plants and animals, so they have a wide range of food to eat to survive. The life span of a roach is between 20-30 weeks and up to 5 years depending on the species. A female roach can reproduce offspring quickly, in one egg case there are 15-20 embryos(or more) and a female roach can lay 10-90 egg cases during their lifespan(depending on the species), so the cockroach population develops at a higher rate and an infestation can occur rapidly.