Why teenagers are trigger happy?

Talk about various topics not covered in any of the other forums.
India

Why teenagers are trigger happy?

Post by iamawriter »

These days we hear of mass killing by teenagers specially at schools. What could be triggering them? Could it be the kind of food they eat? Could it be that authorities are slack on taking action? Could it be guns are easily available?.

Something needs to be done about this.

What is your opinion?

It is not how much one has but what one makes of what one has is the route to happiness :)
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Re: Why teenagers are trigger happy?

Post by jasmine »

I don't have any data to back it up but I believe the easy availability of guns and their exposure to violent video games are the two reasons for the increase in teenage shooting incidents. Due to exposure to violent games, perhaps they have listed the ability to differentiate facts from fiction, rights and wrongs, morality and immoral.
India

Post by iamawriter »

I cannot agree with you more. Perhaps those violent games kind of rewards them when they succeed in performing those heinous tasks. And yes they fail to know the difference between facts and fiction. Sad indeed.
It is not how much one has but what one makes of what one has is the route to happiness :)
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ricky1874 »

If you're talking about the shootings here in America, I can tell you that abundance of guns have been around for awhile. I'm almost 50 and I can remember learning how to fire a handgun when I was 5. I personally believe that the rise in school shooting has occurred because of the media coverage they give to the shooters. The media almost turns these killers into celebrities.
India

Post by iamawriter »

You have hit the nail on the head. And there is or was that video game PUBG where one has to kill someone or kill himself in order to win the game. Strange that such games are not banned or have they?