What is your view on religion?

Talk about various topics not covered in any of the other forums.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

What is your view on religion?

Post by ricky1874 »

Some people base their whole life on their religious beliefs. Do you think religion is important to have in your life? Has religion been more of a positive or negative thing for mankind?

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Re: What is your view on religion?

Post by jasmine »

was born in a Hindu family, and I was raised in Hindu culture. I am not a religiously devout person, however, I have nothing against religion. I believe religion is a personal affair, anyone can practice any religion and it shouldn't be a problem in society. I am against militancy in religion and religious terrorism. I am also against forceful religious conversion.
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by mr_iqman »

I'm not a religious person and definitely not a religious fanatic. It's ok to have some religious beliefs, as long as you don't take it too far and become obsessed with it. When that happens, that's when it can become dangerous.

Post by Kieranlewix »

ricky1874 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:08 pm Some people base their whole life on their religious beliefs. Do you think religion is important to have in your life? Has religion been more of a positive or negative thing for mankind?
Religion is a controversial topic and views about it's importance or lack thereof change with everyone you talk to. Personally, I believe that religion gives us closure based on the belief of a higher purpose and a higher power that's larger than anything our minds can fathom. More than this, belief in religion creates an obligation in human beings to be virtuous beings of course motivated by the promise of an eternal life after death. As a christian, my view of religion is that it is very important to us. Without the belief that every suffering we go through on earth is for a reason and that the reason is to test our faith, I don't think that most humans would be able to soldier on in the face of adversity as we do. Man finds a way to combat the most dire situations through belief in himself and when there's simply no way out, he turns to prayer in the hope that He who created him and placed him on earth will come to his aid. Of course there are those of us who believe in science and only science and that science can explain every miraculous event that has ever happened. Christians face controversy every single day of their lives because unlike science, faith is an intangible thing that can not be proven other than with scripture, and that is only if one is willing to believe in it. Despite this, religion plays a very important role in society as even those who don't believe in God have doubt and that doubt makes them want to take a chance on being good just in case religion turns out to be the right thing.
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by jeremydeth »

I personally think that religion has done more harm than good to mankind...and still continues to do harm today. Sometimes I wonder...who has claimed more lives...diseases or religions? Which one is worst. Both have the potential to end all of mankind.