Ten Cases Of Real and Horrifying Premature Burials

Talk about various topics not covered in any of the other forums.
Site Admin
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member
Been Liked: 1 time
United States of America

Ten Cases Of Real and Horrifying Premature Burials

Post by staarker »

Being buried prematurely is one of the most terrifying of all fears. Edgar Allan Poe wrote about it and it has been the subject matter of many horror movies. Surprisingly real life cases of this terrible mistake are more common than one might think.

Years ago when embalming wasn’t as common and because of inferior medical equipment to detect life there are numerous cases where people have had the terrifying experience of regaining consciousness in their own coffin.

This list includes 10 such cases. Some sources for the list are from newspaper articles or journals and include the exact text which gives you a feeling of the time period.

Another main source used for this list is a book written in 1905 called Premature Burial and How it May be Prevented which includes several actual cases of premature burials.
https://anomalien.com/ten-cases-of-horr ... e-burials/
Attachments
1.PNG
1.PNG (135.79 KiB) Viewed 3998 times

Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: Ten Cases Of Real and Horrifying Premature Burials

Post by jeremydeth »

This is probably one of the worse ways to die. Just imagine if you are claustrophobic. A person like that would probably go insane before they died. I'm not claustrophobic but I don't like being in tight place. But, just thinking about being buried alive is freaking me out. :shock:
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by mr_iqman »

I read before that during the time of the plague or "Black Death" in Europe, this happened lots of times. According to what I read, the death wagon to collect the dead would come around early in the morning. Because that was the only time it came around, people didn't want their love ones dying and lying around all day with the virus, so they would sometimes throw the almost dead in the wagon.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Nepal

Post by jasmine »

While reading these stories of premature burials, I remembered one such true story told by my English teacher when I was a seventh grader. His brother's wife was presumed dead and was buried. She was from a rich family, along with her, her precious jewelry was also buried., The same night burglars dug the grave to steal jewelry and to their dismay corpse was alive. When she went everyone was terrified but later came to realize what they had done to her.