Futurist predicts that we will achieve immortality within just 8 years

Talk about various topics not covered in any of the other forums.
Site Admin
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member
Been Liked: 1 time
United States of America

Futurist predicts that we will achieve immortality within just 8 years

Post by staarker »

Computer scientist Ray Kurzweil is certainly no stranger to making predictions about technology and the future.
When it comes to predicting the future, Kurzweil - who has written numerous books on the subject - is someone worth listening to.

Back in 1990, he predicted that a computer would be able to beat a human at chess within 10 years (which actually happened) and he also predicted that smartphones would become an integral part of all our lives (which also came true).

Now he is predicting that we will develop a way to make ourselves immortal within 8 years.

Speaking during a recent podcast, he stated that we will find a way to increase life expectancy by "more than a year every year" and that this will happen within a decade.
https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/n ... st-8-years

Re: Futurist predicts that we will achieve immortality within just 8 years

Post by dave23 »

I think it already has been achieved in private. Do I think it will be widespread in 8 yeas....no. Technology like that will only be available for the rich in my opinion.
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: Futurist predicts that we will achieve immortality within just 8 years

Post by ricky1874 »

Just think about the negative implications that this can have...when nobody dies. Just another technology that will lead to the destruction of mankind.